Netbeans 7.1rc1 has been released. When I went through the file type tutorial (which has been updated for 7.1) I found a couple of minor niggles which needed more than a couple of lines in a comment to express, hence this post. In Summary, it’s a good tutorial, but there a few rough edges that could be ironed out:
- A design bug in the properties window section,
- Missing the visual library api dependency,
- Excessive overiding the default action on file context menu,
and it would really benefit from some extensions, particularly:
- implementing a navigation window instead of a node tree under the file node,
- real-time synchronisation across all views.
Continue reading Netbeans file type integration tutorial comments
I’m currently attempting to embed a scripting engine into a Java application. The Java Scripting API means this exercise should be quite straightforward (at least to get something up and running) and there is a huge choice of script languages to choose from so one of them ought to match my requirements, right?
Continue reading Scripting languages in Java – manipulating an EMF model